This Barbell Squats Variation is similar to the Front Squat and Works all the Major Muscles of the Legs, especially your Quadriceps
Welcome to our Zecher Squats Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this Front Squat variation using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this Front Squat variation made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Zecher Squats|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Lower Back|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Zecher Squats are similar to the Front Squat
, but the barbell is held across your lower chest on your elbows with your arms crossed. This is a few inches lower than the front squat, which is held across your deltoids.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lift a barbell off of a weight rack and hold it across your lower chest on your elbows with your arms crossed. It should be held a few inches lower than the front squat, which is across your deltoids
- Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your knees and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Descend slowly by bending forward at the knees and allowing your hips to bend back as if you are sitting down (squatting).
- Descend until thighs are just past parallel to floor.
- Extend knees and hips until your legs are straight again by pressing upwards and maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Once you have returned to the starting position, pause for a moment then and repeat.
- Practice the squat without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on floor throughout the exericse. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
Now that you've seen Zecher Squats, which primarily targets your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises
Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises
as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises
and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages: