Weighted Sissy Squats
Dont let the name of this Squat Variation Fool you, Sissy!
Welcome to our Weighted Sissy Squats Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this squats variation using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this squats variation made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Weighted Sissy Squats|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Lower Back|
|Equipment Required:||Weight Plate or Dumbbell |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Weighted Sissy Squats are a variation squats done while holding a weight plate or dumbbell at your chest. Due to the limited amount of weight you are able to use, this exercise should be used in Fat Loss Workouts
rather than Muscle Building Workouts
to elevate your heart rate.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Grasp a weight rack or bar for support with one arm and hold a free weight plate across your chest with your other hand.
- With your abs drawn in, descend slowly by bending forward at the knees and allowing your hips to bend back as if you are sitting down (squatting).
- Descend until thighs are just past parallel to floor.
- Extend knees and hips until legs are straight again by pressing upwards and maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Once you have returned to the starting position, pause for a moment then and repeat.
- Practice the sissy squat without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on floor throughout the exercise. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
Now that you've seen Weighted Sissy Squats, which primarily targets your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises
Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises
as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises
and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages: