Standing Triceps Extension
This Tricep Exercise is a Triceps Extension Variation and uses a Single Dumbbell to Isolate your Triceps
Welcome to our Standing Triceps Extension Exercise Instruction Guide! On this page you'll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises
so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises
yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Standing Triceps Extension|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Dumbbell |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a variation of standard Triceps Extension
and uses a single dumbbell to isolate your triceps. The classic version of this exercise is usually done on a short-backed bench.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your back straight and your abs drawn in.
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands, with your palms facing up.
- Raise the dumbbell over your head and slowly lower the dumbbell in an arc behind your head until your forearms and spine are perpindicular.
- Slowly raise the dumbbell back up to the starting position by pressing the weight up and fully extending your arms.
- Keep your elbows in a fixed position throughout the exercise.
Additional Arm Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
Now that you've seen the Standing Triceps Extension, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest: