Rocking Standing Calf Raise
This Calf Exercise uses a Simple Rocking Motion to Strengthen the Calves
Welcome to our Rocking Standing Calf Raise Exercise Instruction Guide! On this page you'll learn how to do this calf exercise using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other calf exercises.
Have you seen checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises? See if this calf raises variation made the cut!
|Exercise Name:||Rocking Standing Calf Raise|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell of Dumbbells |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Calf Exercise uses a simple rocking motion, a barbell and some free weights or dumbbells, to strengthen the calves. Due to the rocking motion, you'll lift your heels as well as your toes and hit all the calf muscles, including the tibialis on the front of the shin.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with a barbell across your shoulders or dumbbells at your sides or at your shoulders and your feet flat on the floor
- Lift your feet up and forward as if you are performing a Calf Raise and then rock back onto your ankles so your toes are flexed and off the floor.
- Return to starting position.
- Wear running or cross training shoes while performing this exercise.
- Try performing this exercise without weight to become familiar with the movement
- This exercise can be done using a barbell and free weights or by holding dumbbells at your sides or on your shoulders if you do not have access to a barbell.
Now that you've seen the Rocking Standing Calf Raise, check out all of our different calf exercises.
Or, if you're through with calves but want to access more exercises that work your foundation, head to our leg exercises hub
and link to our hamstring exercises, quadriceps exercises,
and glute exercises.
You've seen the exercises. Now access all of the best workout routines. Start at our Home Page.