Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down
Add this Lat Pull Down Variation to your Back Workout, Arm Workouts, and Other Weight Training Programs
Welcome to our Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this version of the lat pull down using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Back Exercises so you can immediately add to your Back Workout, Arm Workouts, and other Weight Training Programs.
Have you seen our Best Back Exercises list yet? How about our Best Bicep Exercises? See if this Lats Exercise made either list!
|Exercise Name:||Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Upper Back, Biceps, Shoulders|
|Exercise Type:||Compound, Pull |
|Equipment Required:||Cable |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Lat Pull Down uses a reverse, underhand grip to works your biceps more than the traditional pull down.
Like traditional lat pull down, you'll be using the cable pulley.
This is a great exercise to substitute for Chin Ups
if you are unable to do a full set. The goal should be to build your strength via the Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down so that you can ultimately do one of the Best Bicep Exercises
To Perform This Exercise:
- Attach a standard bar to the a cable pulley at the pull down station.
- Sit upright with your thighs anchored below the pads and your abs drawn in. You should be grasping the bar with a shoulder width, underhand grip.
- While keeping your back straight and slightly angled back, pull the bar straight down to your upper chest.
- Pause for a moment after touching the chest and then slowly return the bar to starting position.
- Keep your back straight during this exercise.
- Be sure to complete each repetition in a slow, controlled manner. You should not swing your back or use your body weight and its momentum to complete a repetitions.
Other Weight Training Exercises and Related Sections
Now that you've seen the V-Bar Lat Pull Down exercise, which primarily targets your lat muscles, head to our Back Exercises Main Page
and link directly to our Lat Exercises, Lower Back Exercises,
and Upper Back Exercises.
This Lat Pull Down variation is also a great bicep exercise. Check out all our different Bicep Exercises
when you put together your arm workouts.
Also view our Arm Exercises
page which links to our Bicep Exercises
and Tricep Exercises
Final Related Pages