Reverse Grip Bent Over Row
Learn how to do this Compound Exercise and Super-Powered Back Exercise that will also help you Sculpt or Build Bigger Biceps
Welcome to our Reverse Grip Bent Over Row Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this compound exercise using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other weight training exercises so you can immediately add to your next bicep workouts, back workout, or other weight training programs.
Have you seen our Best Bicep Exercises list yet? How about our Best Back Exercises? See if this compound back and arm exercise made either of the lists.
|Exercise Name:||Reverse Grip Bent Over Row|
|Main Muscle:||Upper Back|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Biceps, Lats, Shoulders|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Compound|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Bent Over Row
uses a supinated (palms facing up/away) grip to put more emphasis on your biceps. The compound exercise works your lat and upper back muscles as well as your biceps and shoulders and allows you to pile on the weight.
In doing so, this arm and upper back exercise earned a spot on our Best Bicep Exercises list.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Keeping your knees bent and your back straight, grasp the barbell with a supinated (palms facing up/out) reverse or underhand grip.
- Slowly pull the barbell to your abs while keeping your back straight and your elbows tucked in to your sides.
- Pause at the top of the exercise then lower the barbell in a controlled manner.
- Keep your back straight when you do this exercise. If your back starts to round, just bend your knees a little more to keep it straight.
- Keep your feet firmly planted on the floor throughout the exercise.
- Complete each repetition in a slow and controlled manner focusing on form, not weight.
Check out some of our other Back Exercises
that also secondarily target your biceps.
Now that you've seen the Reverse Grip Bent Over Row, check out all of our different Back Exercises.
Also, make sure to view all of our Bicep Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
You've seen the Exercises. Now access the Workout Routines.
Start at our Home Page.