Machine Hack Squats
This Hack Squats Variation Uses Weight Machine to Blast your Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, and Calves and Ensure Proper Range of Motion
Welcome to our Machine Hack Squats Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this version of Hack Squats using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this Hack Squats variation made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Machine Hack Squats|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Forearms, Hamstrings, Glutes|
|Equipment Required:||Machine |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Leg Exercise is probably the most well known variation of Hack Squats
and is done on a weight machine rather than with a barbell or smith machine.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie face up on a Hack Squat machine with your shoulders against the pads and place your feet facing forward slightly less than shoulder width apart.
- Release the dock levers, place your hands on the hand grips, and extend your body by standing upright.
- Lower your body to a squatting position so you knees are bent at a ninety degree angle as if you were sitting down.
- Return to the starting position by extending your knees and hips and pressing upwards while maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Repeat the exercise for the prescribed number of sets.
- Practice the hack squats without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on the base throughout the exercise. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
Now that you've seen Machine Hack Squats, which primarily target your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises
Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises
as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises
and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages: