This Leg Exercise is one the Most Popular Isolation Quadriceps Exercises and uses a Weight Machine rather than Free Weights
Welcome to our Leg Extensions Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this isolation exercise using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this isolation quad exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Leg Extensions|
|Equipment Required:||Machine |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Leg Extensions are one of the most popular isolation quadriceps exercises. They use a weight machine to target your quadriceps and your quadriceps only.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Adjust the seat of the machine so that your knees have full range of motion and the foot pad fits over your legs just above your ankles.
- Grasp the handles with your hands for support and put your butt and back against the bench.
- Slowly extend your legs by pressing upwards and forward until your knees are straight. Do not lock your knees.
- Hold this position with your legs fully extended for a moment, then return to the starting position.
- Use controlled movements for this exercise, making sure you do not swing the weight.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
Now that you've seen the Leg Extensions, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises
Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises
as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises
and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages: