This is one of the Best Squat Variations that Most Lifters have Never Heard Of
Welcome to our Jefferson Squats Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this version of Squats using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this squats variation made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Jefferson Squats|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Lower Back, Traps|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Leg Exercise is a unique variation of Barbell Squats
where the barbell is placed on the ground between your legs and held on each side of your body as you complete the squat. It is a great exercise that most gym goers have never heard of.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place a barbell between your legs so it is perpendicular to your feet.
- Grasp the barbell with one hand in front of you and one hand behind you with an overhand grip.
- Press upwards and lift the weight off of the ground by extending your legs while keeping your back straight and maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Once you are standing, pause for a moment then slowly lower the weight by bending forward at the knee and allowing your hips to bend back as if you are sitting down (squatting). You should descend until your knee is bent at a ninety (90) degree angle and your quadriceps and hamstrings are parallel to the floor.
- Pause for a moment and repeat.
- Practice the squats without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on the base throughout the exercise. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
Now that you've seen the Jefferson Squats, which primarily target your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises
Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises
as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises
and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages: