This Hamstring Exercise Isolates your Hamstrings using a Weight Machine
Welcome to our Hamstring Curls Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do this hamstring exercise using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this hamstring exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Hamstring Curls|
|Exercise Type:||Isolation, Push|
|Equipment Required:||Machine |
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Hamstring Exercise is one of our most popular leg exercises. Make sure to check out the standing version of this leg exercise,
which is also a popular weight training exercise that isolates your hamstrings.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Sit upright on the machine with your abs drawn in and your legs in front of you.
- Choose an amount of weight you are comfortable with.
- While holding the handles for support, exhale and slowly press your legs downwards in a curling motion back towards you.
- Pause for a moment then inhale and return to the starting position and repeat.
- Do this leg exercise in a slow controlled movement without swinging the weight.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
Now that you've seen Hamstring Curls, check out all of our different Hamstring Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises
page, which links directly to our Hamstring Exercises
as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises
and Quadriceps Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages: