Isolate Your Abdominals with this Abs Exercise.
Welcome to our Decline Crunch Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you'll learn how to do the Decline Crunch using the correct technique. Below you'll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this abs exercise.
|Exercise Name:||Decline Crunch|
|Equipment Required:||*Decline Bench
*Although this abs exercise is pictured below as a body weight exercise, you can increase the amount of resistance by holding a dumbbell or medicine ball behind your head. Therefore, we have included this abs exercise with our dumbbell exercises
as well as our body weight exercises.
Exercise Description and Instruction:
The decline crunch uses a decline bench and your bodyweight to isolate and work your abdominal muscles. The exercise keeps constant pressure on your abs as you crunch and decline to return to the starting position.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Lie on a decline bench face up and place your feet securely under the pads.
- Place your hands either across your chest or on either side of your head.
- Lay fully back and then rise slowly crunching your abs.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Use the full range of movement in this exercise for the optimal results.
- Hold a weight plate, dumbbell, or medicine ball over you head for additional resistance if desired.
Now that you've seen decline crunches, check out the rest of our abs exercises
You've seen the exercises. Now access all of the best workout routines. Start at our Home Page Page.